Skeleton Brute update
okay these are all the new additions that i have made to the character there is still a ways to go before texturing and retopologizing this guy, want to have him animated too so lots of fun to go just not much spare time =/
next up is clothing and details :D
so I woke up saturday morning and just wanted to make a big skeleton brute in zbrush and this is what happened.
lots of subtools, dynamesh and zSpheres later and i have a skeletons torso.
I’ve yet to add a few things namely the jaw, collar and shoulder bones but its getting there.
there will be more next week :)
Much has been happening with the hulk model ive been working on. In the image that is the low poly version roughly around 17k polygons at the moment but there is still much to be done.
first ill run through what has happened to him since the last update in order of how i progressed:
- legs were pulled out using dynamesh in zbrush, these stayed blobby looking for quite some time
- sharpened up the torso and added details to the hands
- sculpted in the muscle structure for the legs starting with the thighs and working down to the toes
- poly painted some shadows and highlights to bring out the structure of him better
- used texture project to get some photos on his legs for the torn jeans
- used texture project to add some human skin to his torso and legs
- retopologized the whole mesh and UV mapped ready for texture and details transfers
- transferred the maps with xNormal after happily finding out that it is now able to transfer per-vertex colours allowing me to transfer my texture much more easily from zbrush.
- adjusted the texture in photoshop
there’s still a lot to do, like adding some nail textures to the hands and feet as well as the palm textures too. after the hulk is done I’m going to get to work making him a stand and sorting out some better lighting for him as well and at that point ill call him done and will upload here and on DA [sangheili117.deviantart.com]
for now though guys thanks for taking an interest in my work and i will talk to you later.
Heres a quick update on T-03’s progress.
here I’ve added some power/electronic boxes, these were made using shadow box set rather high, I’m not gonna go into exact details, but sufficed to say the setting were around 300 and 3 on smoothing. here the flatten brush had much love flattening of those edges while holding shift in the different views.
The chuncky wires at the back though were made using some good old zSpheres and then given some detail with a planks brush (can’t see why not) finally i mirrored the boxes across and finished it there making some use of the inflate deformation tool.
That’s all for this update, next is a few more things on the torso, then its onto the waist/skirt watch this space for more zBrush and other arty stuff.
Okay now that the concept of T-03 is complete I’ve been converting him to 3D so here’s a quick look where its at so far.
Built in zbrush using Zspheres, not the best result at the moment and needs alot of polish yet so bare with the messiness of it all for the time being, ill add the wires last cause there gonna be a pain in this particular program, so may normal map them later in 3DSmax, who knows i’ll see how it goes.
Main brushes used are standard, flatten and ram with the occasional use of dynamic trim as well.
stay tuned ill shall be posting MOAR >=D
Page 1 of 1