Much has been happening with the hulk model ive been working on. In the image that is the low poly version roughly around 17k polygons at the moment but there is still much to be done.
first ill run through what has happened to him since the last update in order of how i progressed:
- legs were pulled out using dynamesh in zbrush, these stayed blobby looking for quite some time
- sharpened up the torso and added details to the hands
- sculpted in the muscle structure for the legs starting with the thighs and working down to the toes
- poly painted some shadows and highlights to bring out the structure of him better
- used texture project to get some photos on his legs for the torn jeans
- used texture project to add some human skin to his torso and legs
- retopologized the whole mesh and UV mapped ready for texture and details transfers
- transferred the maps with xNormal after happily finding out that it is now able to transfer per-vertex colours allowing me to transfer my texture much more easily from zbrush.
- adjusted the texture in photoshop
there’s still a lot to do, like adding some nail textures to the hands and feet as well as the palm textures too. after the hulk is done I’m going to get to work making him a stand and sorting out some better lighting for him as well and at that point ill call him done and will upload here and on DA [sangheili117.deviantart.com]
for now though guys thanks for taking an interest in my work and i will talk to you later.
Heres one for the marvel fans. always wanted to 3D model the Hulk but was unable to in years past due to the fact that i wasn’t of a calibur that i could do it without failing miserably.
So here he is the incredible hulk, a work in progress mind you. i created this with the wonderful invention that is dynamesh, thanks pixologic :) it allows me to sculpt anything and it adds and subdivides polygons on the fly so you can pretty much make anything.
here the standard and flatten brushes were the brushes i used most and to be honest you can sculpt pretty much anything with around four or five main brushes in zbrush so all it good.
Moar on this guy soon :D
Page 1 of 1